Ross & Macdonald, one of the largest and most prolific architectural offices in Canada prior to WWII, was founded as Ross & MacFarlane in Montréal in September 1904 by George Allen Ross (b at Montréal 1879; d there 1946) and David Huron MacFarlane (b at Montréal 1875; d at St. Hilaire, Que 1950).
Leslie Raymond Fairn, architect (b at Waterville, NS 26 June 1875; d at Halifax 13 Aug 1971). Fairn attended Acadia University, studied architecture in Boston, Massachusetts, and apprenticed with Edward Elliot, architect of the Halifax City Hall. In 1904 he began a career that lasted 65 years.
Roger D'Astous, architect (b at Montréal, Que 3 March 1926; d at Montréal, Que 5 April 1998). A graduate of the Montréal School of Fine Arts in 1952, he went on to win a Taliesin Fellowship, spending from August 1952 to July 1953 in the studios of Frank Lloyd Wright in Wisconsin and Arizona.
James Charles Philip Dumaresq, architect (b at Sydney, NS 18 Dec 1840; d at Halifax 20 Dec 1906). Educated at Acadia, Dumaresq began a practice in 1870 that eventually extended throughout the Maritime provinces, Newfoundland, Ontario and Québec and from the eastern US to the W Indies.