Village Historique de Val-Jalbert, Qué, 5 km east of Roberval on the shores of Lac Saint-Jean. A ghost town and a very beautiful park, Val-Jalbert since 1960 has become a major attraction in the Saguenay-Lac Saint-Jean region.

The village of Val-Jalbert was born at the turn of the century, when a pulp and paper mill was built at the foot of the falls on the Rivière Ouiatchouane (1901). The company village, very modern for its day, grew rapidly and had 1000 inhabitants by the mid-1920s. In 1927, however, Quebec Pulp and Paper Mills, the plant's final owner, closed it down and soon Val-Jalbert was deserted.

The Québec government bought the site in 1942 and in 1960 decided to make it a park. The Société des etablissements de plein air du Québec (SEPAQ) took over ownership in 1987. The abandoned village and mill, important parts of Canada's industrial and urban heritage, now draw hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.