Craigflower Manor (1856) and Schoolhouse (1855) were built by the Puget's Sound Agricultural Co, a subsidiary of the HUDSON'S BAY COMPANY
. The manor was to house the manager of Craigflower Farm (developed to provide fresh farm produce to the nearby Hudson's Bay post at Fort Victoria) and to form the basis of a permanent agricultural settlement in the area. Craigflower Schoolhouse was built for the settlers of the community. Both buildings are modest 2-storey wood-frame structures. The combination of classical and Gothic details on the manor was an unusual design feature, but both buildings, with their compact rectangular plans and regularly spaced windows, were typical of vernacular building within a British classical tradition. The buildings, which are owned by the province of BC and managed by The Land Conservancy of British Columbia, are national historic sites and have been restored.